Code of Ethics
To My Clients, I promise that…
* I will accurately represent what my practice is capable of in all marketing, advertising and
* I will accurately represent my skills; recognizing my limitations and only offering professional
services that I feel competent to provide.
* I will inform prospective clients of any conditions that I am aware of that could limit my
* I will place each client’s best interest first and foremost, making reasonably certain that I have
the necessary skills and resources to provide the support needed before entering into a client
* I will clearly communicate the terms and conditions of any client relationship, identifying the
responsibilities of all parties, and documenting these provisions in a signed agreement.
* I will honor my contracts, agreements and commitments.
* I will only make commitments that are within my power and abilities to deliver.
* I will accept responsibility for all work I do, admit mistakes, and do whatever is possible to
rectify any problems that arise on my behalf.
* I will maintain the highest level of professionalism, and refrain from misrepresenting any
authority entrusted to me.
* I will maintain accurate and sufficient records of all client work.
* I will safeguard and protect all private and confidential information entrusted to me or obtained
in the course of any working relationship.
* I will not release any client information without prior consent or unless given instruction or
permission by client to do so on his or her behalf.
* I will ensure that electronic and hard copy record disposal is handled in a confidential and
* I will serve as an effective professional representative of my clients when asked to do so, and
do everything within my power to protect the interest of my clients at all times.
To My Colleagues, I promise that…
- I will enter the VACOC community only if my professional background and skill levels meet
VACOC standards of minimum qualification for Virtual Assistance.
* I will be honest and accurate about my credentials, and not exaggerate, embellish or fabricate
my professional history or competencies.
* I will not intentionally partake in any activity, especially libel or slander, that could damage the
professional reputation of another Virtual Assistant.
* I will make every effort to exercise due diligence in naming my business to ensure I am not
infringing upon the legal trademark rights of another VA’s established, pre-existing business
name use. If such infringement occurs, I will immediately take steps to remedy the situation
* I will not engage in copyright infringement or theft of any other VA's intellectual property.
* I will not engage in unfair business trade practices.
* I will not steal clients from another Virtual Assistant.
* I will be accepting of others' opinions, values, beliefs and acknowledge they are as valid as my
* I will not use any confidential information gained through my professional association with
colleagues for personal benefit of any sort.
To the Virtual Assistance Profession, I promise that…
* I will exercise and uphold the highest ideals of professional competence, quality and excellence
* I will utilize my knowledge and abilities to strengthen public awareness and understanding of
the Virtual Assistance profession. This will include sharing my expertise with other professional
Virtual Assistants to help build and maintain standards, professional image and consistency in
the Virtual Assistance profession.
* I will not engage in any activity or practice that would bring the profession into disrepute.
* I will not take on any work I consider illegal or immoral.
* I will diligently exercise integrity, truth and rigorous honesty in all areas relating to my business
and professional responsibilities.
* I will not tolerate crooked practices in the industry, and will not condone or perpetuate
unethical conduct by remaining silent or turning a blind eye. Dishonesty and corruption flourish
only when we allow it.
* I will acquire and maintain professional competence, and continue to expand my professional
knowledge and technical skills.
* I will know and respect existing laws pertaining to professional work and business.
To Myself, I promise that…
* I will do everything in my power to honor my value and worth as a human being and skilled
* I will only do work that I enjoy so that I never “work” another day in my life.
* I will always do my best, as doing my best not only benefits clients and reflects well on the
profession, it gives me confidence, satisfaction and self-worth.
* I will work only with my ideal clients. When I work with those who value and appreciate my
services and skills, the positivity our relationship creates for one another also makes the world
a better place.
* I will strive to do good as I do well.
VACOC Virtual Assistant Code of Ethics
Guarantee - I will do everything possible to complete your project/task according to your
specifications. If you are not happy with the outcome, I will redo or give you the same amount of
time on another project at no additional cost to you.
*Please note, if the original client specifications are met by QBS and then are changed by the client
which would create additional time, this is considered billable time. But, your project/task will always
have the professional appeal you expect.
Please feel free to visit all of the pages on my site to learn more about QBS and myself.
Please review my contract in draft form. Let me know if there is anything you need
added/changed and we will work toward an agreement for both companies.
For more information and a No-Obligation, 1 Hour Complimentary Consultation please visit
my Contact Us page, complete and submit the form. I will gladly contact you within 24
hours to discuss your needs and how my services can benefit you.
As my logo states - I am "UR" VA.
Are you searching for new resources for your business? Please visit the QBS Business
Resources page where you will find quality resources at very reasonable prices.
|2006-2013 Quality Business Solutions, LLC
|Quality Business Solutions
Your Virtual Assistant Destination
me during my
time of need.
Said - 'The